The first release candidate of the SamePlace Suite, version 0.5.0, is available.
If you are running Firefox 2.0, grab the all-in-one package:
If you are running Firefox 1.5 or Flock, please install the individual packages:
Changes on this version focus primarily on usability and stability. Please try it and send us any feedback you have!
From the Help-Wanted department
We are looking for testers, especially on Mac and Windows platforms (see http://dev.hyperstruct.net/xmpp4moz/wiki/DocUsingTestingBranch for how to track the testing packages), and for HTML/CSS/graphic artists, to provide a user-oriented site along with the current developer-oriented one. Drop us a mail if you or anyone you know would like to help!
What’s new in this version for users
- SamePlace: Support for XHTML-IM. Images and styled text can also be dragged from web pages into conversation.
- SamePlace: Added wizard to configure an account on first run.
- SamePlace: Flashing taskbar on incoming messages.
- JabBar: Added “Send link to…” menu to quickly send the URL of the current page to a contact.
- JabBar: Added the “boss key” to toggle the toolbar quickly (Shift+F12).
- xmpp4moz: Better support for UTF-8.
- Hybrid web/IM applications: A preview of Tratto, a collaborative SVG editor, is online: http://apps.sameplace.cc/unstable/tratto/tratto.xul
What’s new in this version for developers
- SamePlace: Split the chat application into several reusable modules.
- SamePlace: Refactored contact list into reusable component.
- xmpp4moz: Abstracted TCP socket transport to pave the way for other kinds of transport (e.g. HTTP).
- xmpp4moz: Channels report events about the status of underlying transport.
- xmpp4moz: Added component for data forms (XEP-0004).