The first release candidate of the SamePlace Suite 0.6.0 is available.
Update: see here for current packages.
What’s new for users
- experimental Thunderbird 2.0b2 integration
- accounts can be configured to auto-connect at startup
- contact input field with auto-completion
- hotkey (Alt+N) to switch to next conversation with unread messages
- sending and displaying typing events
- hotkeys for text styles (Control+B, Control+I, Control+U)
- different colors for nicknames in groupchats
What’s new for developers
- revised presence cache policy: keeping presences from contacts also when unavailable, and outgoing MUC presences; removing incoming MUC presences when leaving room
- when connecting remote application to MUC, application receives occupants’ presences
- made logging optional and disabled by default; set xmpp.logTargets to “console” to enable it
Special thanks to…
- intinig, whose heroic, relentless, altruistic… nagging helped shape many features. Giovanni, users shall love you. (Me, I am going to write a plugin that deletes sentences from you beginning with “I’d like” for a while!)
- Giuseppe Adessi, who contributed code for Thunderbird integration.
- Sten, who patiently gave copious feedback that eventually led to fixing the infamous bug #20.